We don't have to come up with the most exciting recipes to add value. Even the simplest dishes are fun, filling and ideal in combination with your workout. Eggs are THE protein supplier par excellence. But pure in a shake really does not have to be. Especially in the evening, it usually doesn't take much and certainly nothing elaborate. It's time for an omlette!
Ingredients for 2 servings:
10 egg whites
100 g low-fat cheese
4 slices of ham
Salt and pepper
Vegetables of your choice
First separate the eggs. Store the ten egg yolks in a storage box in your refrigerator. We'll tell you what you can do with them in a moment.
1) Mix the egg whites with the two whole eggs in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir the egg mixture vigorously.
2) In the next step, grate the cheese finely with a grater. The stronger the cheese, the more flavorful your finished omlette will be. Cut the chives into small rolls.
3) Find vegetables of your choice, wash and dice as needed. Peas or corn would also be a nice addition. Cut the ham into strips as well. Now pour the egg mixture into a hot frying pan, spread the vegetables and ham on top and fry your omlette. Turn it only when the top is also firm.
4) After turning, sprinkle the cheese and chives directly on top. Fold your omlette directly once in the middle and wait until the cheese has melted inside. Smells good, doesn't it?
We now have a lot of egg yolk left over and we think it's a waste to just throw it away. You can store egg yolks in the fridge for 2-3 days, and they'll keep in the freezer for about 8 months. And to help you make a delicious dessert to go with it right away, here's another tip from us:
Black Sesame Ice Cream
Maybe it's not quite as healthy as our other dishes, but it's incredibly delicious. A little sin never hurt anyone. However, black sesame contains a lot of calcium, which in turn lowers cholesterol and strengthens bones. It is also rich in nutrients, contains B vitamins, vitamin A, as well as magnesium, zinc and selenium.
Ingredients for about 6 scoops:
250 ml milk or oat drink
250 g whipped cream
100 g sugar
6 egg yolks
75 g black sesame seeds
1) Heat milk, whipping cream and 50 g sugar together in a pot, stirring occasionally. Now whip 6 egg yolks together with the remaining 50 g sugar until creamy. Continue to stir the egg mixture constantly while pouring in the milk mixture. Once everything is mixed together, return it to the saucepan. Over medium heat, stirring constantly, thicken the mixture until it reaches a creamy consistency. Pour the mixture into a clean bowl and let it cool.
2) Now take the sesame seeds and toast them in a small pan without fat. When it is fragrant, take it out and let it cool down as well.
3) Grind the sesame seeds finely. If you don't have a chopper at home, use a large knife and chop it until it reaches the desired size. Now stir the sesame seeds into the egg mixture, then pour it into your ice cream maker and let it freeze. After about 30 minutes, your ice cream will be ready to be enriched.
If you don't have an ice cream maker, just choose the freezer, you'll just have to be a little more patient ;) After 1-2 hours in the freezer, take out the mixture, loosen the frozen edge and stir everything again. Beat air under the ice cream mixture and until again a creamy consistency. This process doesn't take long, but it does require a bit of force. Then freeze it again. Now repeat this process about every 20 minutes until the ice cream has reached a soft-ice cream-like consistency. Now you're ready to enjoy it.